Our Mission is to assist with identification, planning, and implementing natural resource related projects that protect the resource base, maintain environmental quality and increase community development opportunities.
Mountain Resource Conservation and Development works in the West Virginia Counties of Braxton, Fayette, Greenbrier, McDowell, Mercer, Monroe, Nicholas, Pocahontas, Raleigh, Summers, Webster, and Wyoming.
Have a project that you would like our assistance with? Submit our online form and we will be in touch!
Potential Cost-share Projects include:
- Stream/Road Bank Erosion Control
- Reclamation of Mine Lands
- Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Water Resource Planning
- Water Quality Protection, Improvement, Disposal
- Storm/Flood Water Management Improvements
- Acid Mine Drainage Control
- Fire Protection Improvements
- Recreational & Educational Infrastructure
- Community Center & Park Enhancements
- Community Leadership Development
- Conservation Public Education
- Farmland Conservation
- Land Use Planning
- Alternative Energy Opportunities
- Protection of Natural Resources